Pogo pin design
1. Size of Pogo pin connector
The size of the Pogo pin connector is mainly determined by the strength, current load and shape of the design, but with large diameters, the production cost will be increased. The standard Pogo pin connector
has a needle of 1.5 and a needle of 0.9, which is the most economical option.
2. Height of Pogo pin connector
The height of the Pogo pin
connector is determined by the working height, that is, the height when the work is tight and the accuracy of the matching piece device. Usually, the tightening stroke is about 70% of the total travel, and the more common working stroke is 1.0mm.
3, Pogo pin connector current load
For different requirements of current load, the whole design parameters need to be changed and adjusted accordingly.
4, Pogo pin connector durability
Durability is measured dynamically, not statically. Because the static test results and dynamic test gap is very large, can reach dozens of times as much. And durability is related to many factors, usually 10,000 times of life is relatively high cost performance, if you want to increase the durability, need to be customized.
1. Introduction of Pogo pin
Spring thimbles consist of needles, needles, springs and other components. In order to stabilize the performance of connectors, Cnomax Pogo pin Factory divides the needles of spring thimbles into the following types:
1. The needle bevel structure of Pogo pin
The design concept of Pogo pin can ensure low and stable contact impedance, which can absolutely ensure the stable conduction of products.
2. Reverse drilling structure of Pogo pin
The length of the supporting spring of Pogo pin design can exceed the length of the needle tube. In the case of limited space, the design of reverse drilling can obtain stable elastic force and stroke.
3. Flat bottom structure of Pogo pin
In this design, the structure of Pogo pin needle and spring thimble needle can not be contacted under certain conditions, which will lead to the current can not go through the needle, and the tube wall will go along the spring, which will lead to excessive resistance, resulting in a sharp drop in voltage, and resulting in the current instability of electronic products.
Pogo pin is a precision connector used in all electronic devices such as mobile phones, computers, automobiles and aviation. It is widely used in semiconductor devices and its main function is to connect them.
Depending on the product application, it has different appearance, but the overall Pogo pin has a precision spring structure inside. The surface of the product will generally be plated with gold or nickel according to the needs of different products. Pogo pin connectors are arranged from a single single pin to dozens of single pin combinations, forming different connector shapes in different products. In the case of more than a single needle, the Pogo pin is held together by a rubber sleeve made of environmentally friendly plastic. The rubber sleeve is usually black.
2, what are the process requirements of Pogo pin
1. The volume of Pogo pin: the larger the volume and longer the diameter of Pogo pin, the more materials will be consumed; The more expensive it will be. In addition, if the Pogo pin volume is too small and the precision requirement is too high, the price will rise along with it. At this time, the manufacturer will think about the price from the design and production time. When the Pogo pin volume is too small, the design requirements are very strict and the human consumption is very long.
2, Pogo pin process requirements: Pogo pin 2.0mm long; A single needle with a diameter of 1.5MM is listed as the standard. When the needle is not specially treated, the price is the most affordable. If the needle needs to be punched or special processing, the price will increase. There are also many kinds of Pogo pin needles: single needle with double head, single needle with tail, single needle with side welding and single needle table sticker, the price of single needle table sticker is relatively affordable. And the other process compared to the table sticker single needle process difficulty will increase.
3. Gold plating
of Pogo pin: Electroplating of Pogo pin is a very important link, and different products have different requirements for the electroplating of Pogo pin. When customers require the product to bear high current, we need to plating thicker gold layer to meet the customer's product needs. As long as the plating of Pogo pin is more than 3U, we will gild the spring of Pogo pin. To ensure better product quality and higher product requirements. Of course, the price of Pogo pin with thicker gold layer will be higher.
4, Pogo pin assembly: Pogo pin assembly has many forms, for example, some are formed by direct riveting plastic assembly, some on this basis also increase the cap buckle, belt, etc. Different types of assembly have different prices.
3, the use of spring needle:
When USING SPRING NEEDLES, THE SPRING THIMBLE AND THE PIN hole rub against each other, the THIMble will burn out or wear out, the pin hole will wear out more, the product THIMble will have peeling, and even broken pins will appear. Phenomenon that affects product quality or assembly. Therefore, we must regularly and regularly spray the spring needle on the spring needle for lubrication. So what's the principle of using a spring needle?
(1) The thimble shall be arranged so that the ejection force is as balanced as possible. The demoulding force required by the complex structure is large, and the number of casing should be increased accordingly.
(2) The thimble should be placed in the effective parts, such as bone, column, step, metal insert, local thick glue and other parts with complex structure. The apical needles on either side of the bone position and column position should be arranged as symmetrically as possible. The distance between the thimble and the bone position and the position of the column position are usually D = 1.5MM. Ensure that the center line of the thimble on both sides of the column position passes through the center of the column position.
(3) Avoid thimbles on steps or inclined surfaces. The top surface of the thimble should be as flat as possible. Thimbles should be placed with good strength on structural parts.
(4) A flat thimble should be used when the rubber part has a deep bone position (depth ≥20MM) or when it is difficult to lay out a round thimble. When a flat thimble is required, the flat thimble shall be in the form of an insert for easy machining.
(5) Avoid pointed steel, thin steel, especially the top surface of the thimble, do not touch the front die surface.
(6) The edge spacing between the thimble and the water transmission channel should be considered in the arrangement of the thimble to avoid affecting the processing of the water transmission channel and water leakage.
(7) Considering the exhaust function of the thimble, in order to discharge the ejector, the thimble should be placed in a part that is easy to form a vacuum. For example, in the large plane of the cavity, although the rubber part has a small packing force, it is easy to form a vacuum, which leads to an increase in the release force.
(8) For plastic parts with appearance requirements, the thimble should not be placed on the design surface, and other injection methods should also be used.
(9) For transparent plastic parts, the thimble should not be placed where light transmission is required.
(10) Choose a larger diameter thimble. That IS, a larger diameter and size preferred thimble should be used if there is sufficient ejection position.
(11) The size of the thimble shall be as small as possible. When using thimbles, the size of the thimbles should be adjusted to minimize size and dimension, and the preferred size series should be used whenever possible.
(12) The selected thimble shall meet the ejection strength requirements. When ejecting, the thimble should be under great pressure. To avoid bending of small thimbles, select a thimble when the thimble is less than 2.5MM in diameter.